Sunday, October 11, 2015

Failure versus Success

I don't know what failure is exactly, or success, but for the sake of argument,
I am saying that failure is not achieving your goal, and success is achieving your goal.
My flying trapeze goal has been very small these last 2 months. My goal has been to return to the board.
My favorite trick in the world is the layout but I am not always high and it's hard to get good return bars on a layout cause it comes back really low.
So I had been doing my splits, which I hate (for many reasons.
1. that I couldn't get into them during a performance and
2. cause I hit my toe on the steel bar many times to make the nail brake and bleed &
3. cause I don't take it to the net and we catch out of safety lines here so I don't want to go to the net in a position I don't do.)
Instead I started doing the "gazelle", potentially the most gorgeous looking easy trick there is in the world, for a woman, especially with long legs. And it's an easier trick to get return bars and good returns.
Eventually I got to the point where I made it back to the board and my goal was accomplished, so success.
But 2 days after

YouTube Video


I decided to throw layouts instead cause they are still my favorite trick, and now I am faced with failure again.

In the end I have succeed, and what I did learn is that I have to work harder.
As simple as that. My old couch was right all the time when he was screaming at me: "harder, faster, stronger"
and we should include "tighter"
Here are 2 videos. In the first one I made it back to the board with my gazelle. In the second

YouTube Video


one I am loose and low in my layout return and don't make it back.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Tierra Rejada Rd,Moorpark,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment